This policy outlines:
- What information we collect about you and why, when you visit the website, subscribe to the mailing list, request notifications in relation to our services and which to sign up to receive a promotional freebie.
- How we use your personal information, including who it is potentially shared with.
- How we protect your personal information.
- What rights you have in relation to the personal information that we hold about you.
Debbie Marks Ltd is deemed to be a ‘data controller’. Unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, we will not disclose of any of your personal information (data) to another third party without your consent. We will never pass your information to any company so that they may market their products to you.
What Information We Collect About You?
Personal information/data is any information about an individual from which that any living person can be identified. It does not include data where the identifier has been removed (i.e., anonymous data). Sensitive personal information/data requires a higher level of protection.
We may collect the following personal information, which includes personal information from you, when you visit our website, or subscribe to our mailing list
- Name and address
- Contact details such as email addresses or telephone numbers
- IP address of your computer
In the event that you enter into a contractual agreement with us, we may also collect payment information as part of the process, however this is not stored by ourselves and will be processed by our trusted third party providers.
Why We Collect The Information About You?
The personal information collected will be used by us to:
- Contact you if have filled in the contact form.
- Provide you with the information that you have requested, including updates from which we may feel maybe of interest to you.
- Include you in the mailing subscription process in order that you receive the regular email/newsletter that you have requested.
- Contact you to discuss any queries that you may have.
- Fulfilment of and/or provision of the service that you have requested and made payment for.
- Accountancy purposes.
Why Can We Use Your Personal Information?
We will contact you based on the following understanding:
|Reason for Collecting Information||Legal Basis – Why the personal information can be used|
|Contacting you including - providing you with information you have requested||On the understanding that you have submitted your personal details requesting further information from us which we deem to be a legitimate business interest.|
|Subscription to mailing list||On the understanding that you have provided consent for us to provide you with marketing emails to keep you updated about the business and our services.|
|Use of testimonial||Which we deem to be a legitimate business interest.|
|Fulfilment or provision of a service||Fulfilling our contractual agreement.|
|Accountancy purposes||Fulfilling a regulatory requirement.|
Who Might Your Personal Information Be Provided To?
We will only share your personal information with trusted partners to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you. If we do share it, we will ensure the necessary due diligence is carried out, so we are confident the necessary regulations are being met.
Your personal information may be shared with other companies to help us analyse and better understand our customers and their requirements.
At the time of writing this policy, the trusted partner that is used is Kartra, which is used to record appropriate personal information to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you in relation to providing information you have requested, updates to our services and our weekly email.
In the event that you enter into a business relationship with us, Stripe, Paypal and Shopify as our trusted partners in relation to collecting payments. We recommend you refer to these companies’ privacy policies to understand what they potentially will do with your personal information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information?
To keep your personal information secure, we store it using standard encryption and protection policies proportionate to the size of our business. This means that your information is only accessible to our individuals who are authorised to do so and only within our approved locations. If your personal information is transmitted to any of our trusted partners, appropriate security measures are in place to ensure this isn’t intercepted.
Location Of Your Personal Information
The recipients of any personal information submitted on the website will be staff members of Debbie Marks Ltd and data is retained in the UK. There may be operational requirements to transfer your data outside of the UK, and this may occur as a result of the 3rd parties that we use, however if we do this the same degree of protection is given to your personal data as if it was stored and used within the UK and regulated in line with its laws.
Retention Period For Your Personal Information
The personal information that we collect for the purpose mentioned about will be retained in line with our retention periods. After this date, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
|Reason for Collecting Information||Suggested Retention Period|
|Contacting you including - providing you with information you have requested||1 year from the last date we contacted you or from when you ask us to stop processing your personal information.|
|Subscription to mailing list||1 year from the date of an unsubscribe request.|
|Fulfilment or provision of service||6 years from the end of the business relationship.|
|Accountancy purposes||6 years from the end of the business relationship.|
|Use of testimonial||5 years from the date of the testimonial.|
In relation to the personal information that we hold about you, you may have the following rights:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to ask to see what personal information we hold about you.
- Right to access – to your personal information. If you wish to obtain a copy of the information, we hold about you please contact the relevant individual (contact details below) in writing with the subject ‘Subject Access Request’. Generally, the information will be provided within one month, however, please be aware that we will take necessary takes to evidence your identity prior to releasing any personal information for your own security.
- Right to rectification – if you believe the information, we hold about you to be incorrect or incomplete you have the right to ensure this rectified. For further information please contact the individual stated below. This rectification should typically be complete within one month.
- Right to erasure – also known as the right to be forgotten. In specific circumstances you will have the right to have your personal information erased or to prevent processing. We can refuse your request for erasure if we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your data.
- Right to object – you can ask us to stop contacting you by writing, calling or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be obtained from email@example.com.
Right To Lodge A Complaint
Whilst we would like to be given the opportunity to put right any issues you may have initially; you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data.
0303 123 1113
Date Policy last updated: November 2021